Thursday, November 24, 2011

Hot Packed Lunches without a Microwave: A Solution

I thought it couldn't be done. I supposed that no microwave inevitably meant cold, boring packed lunches. I thought this week would involve a sandwich, a wrap, a sandwich, a pitta pocket, or any of the "variations" in between (not very varied, I know).

I started thinking, there must be some other way to warm food up in the office, besides a microwave? Then it struck me. Change the problem. Instead of "how can I warm this up?", I asked myself, "how can I keep this warm?". I considered the options, and only one presented itself. Thermos. Thermoses can keep tea or coffee warm for hours. But, the long thin canisters designed for hot drinks would be inconvenient for food. I did some research and discovered that Thermos manufacture food canisters as well, with wider bodies and necks so that you can fit food inside, and eat directly from the pot too.

I have ordered one (this one) and shall be testing it over the coming weeks. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment