Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Packed Lunch without a Microwave

Disaster! The company my fiance works for have relocated and (rather inconsiderately, I think) moved to an  office in the City which does not have a microwave. When he told me, I took me a second or two to consider the gravity of this change. No more hot packed lunches.

My whole cooking routine revolves around the format of Dinner for 2 & Lunch for 2. For a moment I felt really rather befuddled about how I could possibly re-engineer all of my recipes for this new format: Dinner for 2 & Lunch for 1... for ONE? But then I recovered.

I realised that you, my readers, may also sometimes have need to whip up a packed-lunch that does not require reheating (picnic, school lunch...). You may be bored of the same old sandwich from M&S, but unable to think of anything more insporing to prepare at home. And so, for this period of time while my fiance is sans le microwave, I shall be thinking up, testing out and posting solutions to the microwaveless packed lunch dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment