Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Beef Strogonoff

This week I got some lovely, thin cut sirloin steak on my weekly food shop from Waitrose. I contemplated making a stir fry, but finally decided that what with all this rain and dreary weather, I really needed something more comforting, more creamy. I settled on Beef Stroganoff from BBC Good Food.

It's an easy recipe, it doesn't call for too many ingredients, and I happened to have all of them in my fridge or cupboard. Once everything was chopped, sliced, crushed and measured, it was simple and quick to sizzle it all up in my big frying pan. After around 10 minutes it was all done and on the table.

It looked good, but it was a little disappointingly bland, even though I seasoned generously and went a little overboard with the paprika. Would I make it again? No I wouldn't, I like my meals more flavourful than this was, and I'm not sure there was much I could do to give it more punch.

BBC Good Food - Beef Stroganoff

No comments:

Post a Comment